Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Ultimate Hand-Me-Downs



One of the most special gifts that we received when I was pregnant was a box of Mark's baby clothes that his mom had saved. This afternoon, Luke patiently tolerated me as I dressed him up in each outfit and took pictures of him in his Daddy's clothes from 1980! I love knowing that our baby is wearing the same things that Mark wore so long ago. Below are a few of my favorites from our photo shoot, and a rare glimpse of baby Mark:


Mark at 9 months old (April 1981);
Notice how roomy this green outfit is on him!


Here is Luke, at almost 6 months of age,
wearing the same (tight) green outfit.


The polyester turtleneck on this one is too funny!


We love our little sailor boy in his Daddy's overalls!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too hilarious! I love it!!!
-Linda

The Libutti Family said...

What a great idea! So cute!! Seeing the pic of Mark as a baby brought me right back to what he looked like when I first met him... in 1986.
And now he's a dad.
Incredible!

Anonymous said...

I have a HUGE grin on my face right now-this entry is SO great! Leave it to LW to save those dear clothes and you, Carrie, to think of dressing Luke in them and showing us! Thanks for the treat! Love, Gammie and Pop Pop Davies

Anonymous said...

Oh my.....I can't stop grinning! If it's true that clothes make the man, then these clothes helped make a great man in Mark.....know they'll do the same for Luke!!! I remember all these outfits.....do you suppose they'll last long enough for Luke's son to wear them? Lots of Love, Grams