Tuesday, April 7, 2009

This is why we have a blog...

One of the main reasons we have a blog is because we live so far away from our family and friends, and want a way for them to share Luke's "firsts" with us via photos and videos. Tonight, we captured one of those moments that makes it all worthwhile! Here's the story:

It's T-minus 2 days until Luke's Grandpa and Mimi Richardson and Aunt Jamie arrive for Easter weekend. In preparation for his special visitors, we have been showing Luke pictures of his grandparents and aunt and repeating their names. Tonight at dinner, Luke looked at the shelf where there is a photo of Grandpa and clearly said his name for the first time. We have 48 hours to work on "Mimi" and "Jamie" so that Luke does not play favorites!!



P.S. Do you think that after Grandpa watches this video, he'll be even more excited to visit?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are no words to describe what I am feeling . . . WOW!!! I'll be there as quick as I can . . . Luv ya Luke.

Grandpa

Anonymous said...

AND we are SO glad you have a blog! Have a blessed Easter! Love, Gammie and Pop Pop Davies

Anonymous said...

We'll expect "equal time" in a couple weeks.....though I fear Poppy will be much easier to say that Grams!

Deckert Family said...

Too precious! What a fun and exciting time for you!