Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Favorite Things




This week, we have been celebrating the longer hours of daylight with evening trips to our neighborhood pool. Grams and Poppy recently sent us a pool float for Luke to use, and it has become our new favorite thing! The first time we tried it out, Luke happily relaxed in it for over an hour, a content little water baby. Mark and I felt like we were on vacation! Now whenever we arrive at the pool, Luke giggles with glee, clutching his beloved float and pointing to the water. I can't stop taking pictures of that cutie floating in the pool. Here are a few of my favorites:


I love his little leg underwater in this one!



Chillin' in the pool...



Splish, Splash!



"Hi Guys!"


Another favorite possession is Luke's special Demon Deacon book. Our friends gave Luke this WFU-inspired story for his birthday, and it has quickly become his favorite book. He flips through it constantly, "reading" it aloud to me, and even points to an illustration of a male alumnus in the book, calling him "Dada" (what a brilliant child!). These pictures were taken one morning this week, and Luke just happened to be wearing his Wake Forest pajama pants, which are adorable. Here is our little Demon Deacon with his favorite story (and thanks to the Davies for such a great present!):










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All that adorableness in one post....I'm on a sugar high! I'm impressed that that little one year old is reading and not tearing that cute book.....brilliant indeed! Love, Grams

Anonymous said...

Luke-
It looks like you are Topsail ready!
Floatie to chill in the surf, & a favorite book for on the porch!
So excited about seeing you in 3 weeks!
Give Mimi a big hug tomorrow!
Love, Uncle Gary

Anonymous said...

Swimming and reading-isn't summer wonderful? Luke is a gleeful child and obviously inherited his parents' (AND grandparents') intelligence! Love, Gammie and Pop Pop Davies