
Here comes our second December blog installment which includes a part of a holiday song or poem in the title. It's really just too easy this time of year, so be prepared for several more cheesy headings soon. I dedicate this blog post to all parents who have endured the pain of having your otherwise adorable child decide that smiling/sitting still/posing for pictures is just not his/her idea of fun.
I have shared the following story with several people of my biggest mom melt-down to date. I have never felt more defeated than after my multiple attempts to have Luke's 18-month and Christmas portraits taken (we may have scheduled this 3 times and cancelled the 4th appointment after admitting that the situation was hopeless). I had visions of Luke dressed up in his Christmas finery, posed in front of a professional holiday set, adorable and smiling, as the face of our Christmas card this year. I was willing to pay big bucks for these priceless photos of my son, and I carefully selected his outfit, planned our appointment for his most cheerful time of day, etc. However, Luke completely melted down each time and we couldn't get him to smile at all. I ended up in tears on the phone with another mom, who reassured me that this, too, would pass, when I told her that I didn't think I'd ever be able to have another professional photo of my son taken again! I did console myself by using a great online deal to order all of my Christmas cards absolutely free of charge this year, and although I used a picture that we already had, and yes, Luke is wearing a sweatshirt and not his fancy Christmas attire, it's pretty cute and accurately captures the (WFU) spirit of our family (& is in the mail this week!). Mark and I are realizing that Luke is just not interested in having his picture taken anymore, which is just too bad considering his paparazzi mom has no intention of putting down her camera. We hope you enjoy these "outtakes" from our adventures at Winter Wonderland & photo shoot in front of our Christmas tree last weekend!

At least Mark is looking at the camera!

We have this exact picture from last year and the boys are wearing the same expressions!

Sadly, these are the best pictures, and Luke is hiding behind giant cardboard cut-outs!

We started our home photo session with Luke and Winnie together, but quickly gave up when we discovered that 2 mobile "kids" were too much to manage:

Jumping on the couch was much more exciting than sitting down!

"How did this guy get here?"

Pausing to smell the poinsettia

Still a cutie, even if he won't sit still!
4 comments:
Boy, could I tell you stories about Mark's aversion to having his picture taken! And look how he's shaped up! Maybe the pros have trouble getting pictures of that little elf, but mamarazzi gets great ones! Love, Grams
LOVE the title of the blog-reminds me of "buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks" (or organic veggie puffs in this case)- I STILL laugh when I think of that. Love the pics on this blog----your boys and decorations look sooo festive! Love, Gammie Davies
I completely understand your frustrations in picture taking. Kate has been especially tough lately too. We are about to attempt our Christmas picture of Kate tonight and I'm not sure how things will turn out. Cute story and still very Cute Pictures.
This is the story of my life.......join the family!! I'm still waiting for it to get better at 2 1/2......not happening! Free style poses are the best anyway!! Love him!!
Post a Comment