
Our "Jungle Party" with Luke's friends on Wednesday was the first of our celebrations for the birthday boy, and it was a great time. Mark and I put up decorations while Luke was sleeping, and when he woke up in the morning, Luke stood at the top of the stairs and exclaimed "OH MY WORD- Balloons!" It was possibly the cutest thing ever to see my child so excited about something so simple, yet incredibly magical to him.

It was a gorgeous spring morning for the kids to play in our backyard. As you can see, Luke's water table was a very popular toy!

Daddy came home from work early to help us open presents.

Luke wasn't so sure about blowing out the candle in his cupcake, but luckily Mommy and Daddy helped!

As the kids lined up their vehicles in the yard, we attempted to get a picture of all/any of them looking at the camera. Easier said than done.
After the kiddos left, Luke ran around the house singing "Happy Birthday to You!" over and over, and when I put him down for naptime that afternoon, he wailed in despair, crying, "More Birthday!". Lucky for him, Bean and Poppy are here this weekend to continue the celebrations!
Click here for a video of Luke singing "Happy Birthday!"
Here's a slideshow of other pictures of the day, also found under our Winterhoff Family Photo Albums:
And for those of you anxiously awaiting the results of our family Cupcake Challenge:
I made the monkeys.
Mark made the lions.
Although the online voters overwhelmingly chose the monkeys, the kids at Luke's party ALL chose the lions (with one exception- One child chose a monkey, took a bite, & traded it in for a lion. I'm not offended, really!).
So we have officially declared a tie. Thanks to all who voted, whether by comment or taste test!
2 comments:
We have the exact theme for Sophia's party.....I wanted farm animals but they were out...oh well!! It looked awesome, now I'm excited!! Your cupcakes are adorable and Luke is as sweet as ever!! Kiss him for us!! XOXOXOXO
It appears that Luke's party was a huge success! What a fun little man he is! Did Winnie sing to him, too? Love, Gammie and Pop Pop Davies
Post a Comment