Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ice Cream!



We took Luke out for ice cream tonight for the first time! Every time I write a post like this (i.e. first time for french fries, whole-wheat monkey cupcakes), I'm sure that you all roll your eyes, shake your heads, and think:
"Poor, deprived child who has never gone out for ice cream. What a crazy mom!"

However, I'm finally starting to loosen up on my strict nutritional guidelines, and it was adorable to see how excited Luke was to have his own cup of ice cream:



In between taking bites from his kiddie cup, Luke opened his mouth wide, stuck out his tongue, and tilted his head toward our cones so that he could have a taste:



We were thrilled to find a place that gives kids (under 40" tall) free ice cream, but quickly realized that our huge 2-year old may exceed the height limit before we are able to return:

Mark and I found this hilarious. I'm not sure Luke thought it was too funny.

Anyway, it was a fun Saturday night activity for our family, and I have a feeling that Luke will be campaigning for a return visit soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got 4 days to think of other forbidden foods I can treat Luke to when he's here!! I think it's VERY unfair to discriminate against a child just because he's tall.....right, Mark? Love, Bean

Kristin said...

Never had ice-cream???????....Sophia just tasted it recently and loved it. She would still rather eat blueberries and strawberries though!!LOL Olivia loves icecream..........just remember they are only little once, although in Luke's case, not long enough for free cones;)

The Libutti Family said...

Oh, the joy of seeing kids suck down ice cream cones... it's one of my favorite parts of summer and being a mom!
Love, Cheryl

Anonymous said...

GREAT pics of Luke and his ice cream cone! Kids, summer, water, ice cream-God is good to us! Love, Gammie and Pop Pop