
Leah had a huge weekend of firsts! On Friday, I found her eating her toes for the first time. I absolutely LOVE this baby stage, of contently lying on her back and snacking on those tasty tootsies.
Another first for our Nutty was rolling over. On Saturday morning, I placed Leah on her blanket with some toys. I turned around to find that she had rolled from her back to her tummy- and no one had witnessed it! I felt so guilty and sad that I did not see my baby's first roll, until we realized that it was a game to Leah. She rolled over 2 more times later in the day, but always did it when no one was looking. When we watched her, she remained on her back and just smiled sweetly at us. However, as soon as we left the room, she rolled onto her tummy again! We tried to trick her by walking out of her sight, but she knew we were there, and wouldn't roll. What a stinker! Leah's rolling is opposite of Luke and most other babies, who go from their tummy to their back first, to escape dreaded "tummy time". Our peanut loves being on her tummy, and hasn't tried to roll onto her back yet. I hope to post a video of Leah rolling, but haven't been able to capture it so far.
Our last important milestone to document was Leah's first solid food on her 5-month birthday on Saturday. She ate her rice cereal with lots of enthusiasm (I somehow forgot what a messy endeavor feeding an infant is), and we are very proud of our little chunk for being such a good eater her first time!


Leah has a very sweet disposition, and is such an easy, fun baby. She is smiley and happy all the time, babbles and giggles, and pleasantly tolerates being toted around in her infant carrier/stroller. Her personality is really beginning to emerge, and I am enjoying her so much. She's recently gotten more hair (her fine, blond hair makes her appear bald in pictures!), and has grown quite a bit in the past couple of weeks. Leah's first teeth (the 2 bottom middle) are about to poke through and I can't believe how quickly she is changing. She has been going through a terrible bout of sleeping for the past month, which has escalated to her being unable to stay asleep for longer than 15 minutes unless she is held or I am right beside her. I think we're more exhausted than we've ever been, and this awful sleeping is even worse than Luke as an infant (which I thought impossible), but I know it will pass. And since it's really the only area where Leah is not practically perfect (in my completely unbiased opinion), we can tolerate it, despite our bleary eyes and sleepy yawns!
3 comments:
Such fun seeing Leah grow and develop....but it seems to be happening too fast...and too far away! The sleeping (or lack thereof!) is a MAJOR bummer, but that sweet smile would make you forgive alot, I'm thinking! Love, Bean
The very wonderful part about second babies is that the parents KNOW that the sleeping issues WILL pass and that is good! You will definitely get through this. Leah is SO pretty and smiley and terrific. Thanks for the update! Love, Gammie and Pop Pop Davies
Love that sweet girl!! Stay cool!XOXO
Post a Comment