Friday, June 15, 2012

When Mommy's Away...


... the children will play!  The above picture captures their personalities so well: Our silly, wild man, and our demure, sweet girl!

I met my college girlfriends in Baltimore & Washington D.C. for an overnight reunion last weekend, and it was the first time that I have been away from Leah for more than a couple of hours. I had a great time with the BBs, and knew that L & L were having a blast with Daddy on Saturday. Mark took the kids to our annual Touch-A-Truck event downtown, and proved once again that everything is much more fun when Daddy in charge:

I promise, they are having fun here!

Luke's dream job: Operating heavy machinery as a 'struction worker.

This may be the only time Luke lets his sister be in the driver's seat.

Greenville's newest trolley driver.

In the aerial bucket truck!

Boys and their tractors...


This little boy still loves his firetrucks!



The sweetest little Fire Chief in SC! 


Somehow the pink dress just doesn't fit in here...


And to top off their exciting morning with the trucks, my family went to Frankie's Fun Park in the afternoon and played arcade games and had pizza for dinner.  What an exciting day they had!


3 comments:

Deckert Family said...

Good job taking pictures Daddy!!! So impressive!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, too, that he could manage 2 excited children AND take pictures....AND did HE do the barette in Leah's hair?!! Yikes!! Love, Bean

Anonymous said...

I am so totally impressed, too, that Daddy could do all this with Luke and Leah AND photos, too!!!! Looks like they had a wonderful time!!! AND you, Carrie, were able to relax a bit with your buds! Great time all-around. Wish Delmar did the touch a truck event-Alec would love it! Love from Gammie and Popsicle Davies