Christmas Checklist:
Tree: Check!
This is classic. Please note that Luke had to place the star on the top of the tree in 30 seconds or less so that Daddy did not suffocate.
Kids' Ornaments: Check!
Visit with Santa: Check!
Mommy was perhaps the most giddy with anticipation that we bought tickets to visit "Santa and the Deacon" at a WFU Alumni Event last weekend! It doesn't get much better than this for our Wake Forest/Holiday Loving family! |
Festival of Lights: Check!
Christmas-Themed Parents' Night Out: Check!
Leah's preschool hosted a wonderful event last Friday night so that parents could have a date night. Mark and I enjoyed a fancy dinner at a swanky restaurant (where I exclaimed, "WOW! We could NEVER bring our kids here!") while our kids enjoyed a fun-filled evening of Christmas activities in their pjs. What a lovely holiday treat!
Preschool Christmas Program: Check!
Our sweet Leah sang her heart out at her preschool Christmas program, and it was darling to listen to all of those sweet little voices. Mark showed up to surprise Leah, and the smile on her face when she saw her Daddy was one of those moments that I want to freeze forever. I love the above picture of Leah's biggest fan in the front row recording her performance. The adoration that those two have for each other is priceless.
Gingerbread Houses: Check!
Leah and I went to Luke's school this morning to help the entire second grade (120 students) decorate gingerbread houses. It was a sugar-filled, sticky, festive morning of complete chaos and Christmas cheer. I wish there was a way to show you the gallons of sprinkles that were left on the cafeteria floor at the conclusion of this activity. The kids had an absolute blast and ate as much candy and icing as they put on their creations. Making gingerbread houses is wonderful holiday tradition that Oak Ridge Elementary started years ago (and is still led by one of their retired teachers), and there were many parents who came to volunteer this morning. I loved that the children were able to pause and just be kids for one morning, am so thankful that we live in such a wonderful family-centered community. We love our school, and FULLY appreciate those teachers who get to deal with the sugar highs of all those students for the rest of the day.
We've been doing so many fun things that put us in the holiday spirit and remind us that Christmas is coming SOON!
Leah and I went to Luke's school this morning to help the entire second grade (120 students) decorate gingerbread houses. It was a sugar-filled, sticky, festive morning of complete chaos and Christmas cheer. I wish there was a way to show you the gallons of sprinkles that were left on the cafeteria floor at the conclusion of this activity. The kids had an absolute blast and ate as much candy and icing as they put on their creations. Making gingerbread houses is wonderful holiday tradition that Oak Ridge Elementary started years ago (and is still led by one of their retired teachers), and there were many parents who came to volunteer this morning. I loved that the children were able to pause and just be kids for one morning, am so thankful that we live in such a wonderful family-centered community. We love our school, and FULLY appreciate those teachers who get to deal with the sugar highs of all those students for the rest of the day.
| My little elf hiding in the cafeteria cubbies. |




1 comment:
Can't wait til you can "check" coming to Bean and Poppy's! Looks like you've accomplished all the fun pre-Christmas activities....and then some! Love, Bean
Post a Comment