We dyed Easter Eggs this week, and it is one of those activities that is more fun each year as the kids get older. Luke and Leah wrote with their "magic crayons" on each egg, and it was truly a breeze to color the eggs with children at this age (vs. the years of 1:1 supervision that toddlers + colored dye requires). As I edited these pictures, I was struck by how much my children look like such "big kids" now. I don't realize this on a daily or weekly basis, but my babies are growing up. Almost every time someone sees Luke, they ask if he has gotten taller (he's inherited this curse from his Daddy), and Leah no longer looks like a preschooler. It was this same K-4 year that Luke lost the last trace of his baby fat, too... and I can't believe that my baby girl is going to be in kindergarten in just a few months.
Anyway, here are some pictures of L&L, who will always be my sweet babies, and their Easter eggs this week:
Writing their secret messages...
Another bright spot to the children getting older is that capturing pictures of them smiling is MUCH easier. There are years where I had to beg, bribe, and threaten to get a picture of them sitting still with smiles on their faces. Mark told me at one point when the kids were little that sometimes taking a picture was like a root canal... Humph!
Yes, life is sweet right now. How we love and cherish these two precious children, and watching them grow and thrive is one of our greatest blessings!
1 comment:
SUCH an eggsciting tradition! Poppy and I agree (and mourn!) that these little ones aren't so little any more. But they get dearer and more precious each day, so we can't complain! Laughed about the "root canal" comment.....I remember Mark literally running away from Grammy one time when she got her camera out! Love, Bean
Post a Comment