Saturday, July 16, 2016

Hanging Rock State Park


We took the cutest little day trip today, to Hanging Rock State Park.  Our last visit to Hanging Rock was to hike in January, and we knew that there was a lot more there that we wanted to explore.  Today we ventured to Cascade Falls within the park, and were delighted by this beautiful place:

I wish I had taken my real camera.  These pictures taken on my IPhone just don't do the Falls justice.  It's absolutely gorgeous, and in a hidden little nook in the woods.  There is a shallow, crystal clear pool of water surrounding the waterfall, and our kiddos jumped right in, ready to swim! 



Daddy went with L&L to the base of the waterfall, and they took turns sliding down the natural rock slide and landing in the water.

Next we went to the lake at Hanging Rock.  This was the children's first time swimming in a lake, and Leah was worried that it would be "mucky".  I thought her word choice was pretty cute.  However, the water was warm and clear, and the kids enjoyed splashing, swimming, and going off the diving board on the dock (not pictured): 


We also rented a row boat, and both kids enjoyed helping Daddy row.  At one point, we were all belting out "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" at the top of our lungs.  I hope the other boaters found it as amusing as we did.  Never a calm moment with our crew! 



We had such a successful day at Hanging Rock State Park, and I know we will be back again soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an idyllic, delightful spot....and it looks like you had it all to yourselves! A great treat on a hot summer day in NC! Love, Bean