This week was Luke's turn to go on his first field trip of the school year. The 3rd graders went to Kersey Valley yesterday, and these kiddos were SO excited to start their school week with a day of fall fun. I supervised a group of 5 boys and 1 girl for the corn maze adventure, and we literally ran through the entire 3+ mile maze. These boys have exactly one speed, and it is "on"! The kids found all 6 checkpoints and we made it out without anyone getting left behind, which I considered a huge success!
Next, the children went gem mining, and each student was given a bag of fossils and gem stones to sluice. This was one of their favorite parts of the day, and a perfect activity for 8 year-olds!
The kids were also able to bounce on the giant jumping pillows. Yes, all 125 third graders jumped in groups of (controlled) chaos! There was so much joy here, and to listen to the giggles, squeals and shrieks of delight was priceless.
We rode a hayride to the pumpkin patch, where Luke and Aiden found each other and chose their pumpkins together. Love these best friends!
I am so lucky to be able to chaperone these field trips and to be an active part of my children's school experiences. It's a great way to observe the dynamics of the class, get to know the teachers, and create memories. My sweet Luke still has me completely smitten, and I love this little boy to pieces.
One of the best parts of field trip days is that children get to ride home early with their parents, and we always try to make that time special. Luke and I went on a date to get frozen yogurt at Feeny's yesterday afternoon and I loved our 1:1 time.
It's going to be an exciting week ahead with class parties, Halloween activities, and trick or treating, and it's one of our favorite times of the year!
1 comment:
What a terrific place.....a little boy's heaven for sure! Love, Bean
Post a Comment