We went to Williamsburg for Father's Day weekend and enjoyed celebrating these two special dads! In the interest of full disclosure, I would like to share that getting a picture of L&L with their father and grandfather on Father's Day was not as easy as it looked. I tried 3 times on Sunday morning to snap a quick photo, and we are very proud of Daddy and Poppy for having such nice smiles each time (L&L: not so much!).
At least I got a great one of the three generations of Winterhoff boys...
...and with the beauty of cropping, you will never know that this was happening right below the bottom of the above photo:
Anyway, it was a fun-filled weekend at Bean and Poppy's house, and included a much-anticipated visit to Busch Gardens!
Now that the kids are older, the roller coasters are a big draw, which means that Mark and I need to ease ourselves in s-l-o-w-l-y. We started off on the Grover roller coaster (in the littler kids section of the park), which was perfect for me!
Next the kids wanted to try the new wooden roller coaster, Invadr. Here they are, posing in a "test" seat! I'm happy to say that Mark and I survived this one, too, and went on it twice in a row with the kids. See, we can be fun parents, sometimes!
Poppy volunteered to ride on the log flume with the kids and let us recover, and this ride is always a favorite for our crew!
The bumper cars and swings are oldies but goodies, and we were fortunate to have no lines so that the kids could go on these several times in a row.
There were several more thrill rides during our day at Busch Gardens, including DaVinci's Cradle, which the kids seem to think is easy breezy, but requires me to close my eyes and put my head down for the entire time. We also survived Verbolten, which is one of Luke's favorite roller coasters (and is in the dark for much of the time!).
It was a great weekend full of family time and adventure, and the kids are already talking about all of the roller coasters that will "make Mommy and Daddy freak out next time"!
1 comment:
These Father's Day photos are the best....ALL of them! Reality beats fiction every time! Poppy and I never once rode roller coasters with the boys.....I think you're amazing! Love, Bean
Post a Comment