Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wake Forest Basketball



Our family traveled to Winston-Salem yesterday to watch a Wake Forest Basketball game, and we spent a great Valentine's Day weekend in North Carolina. Luke did very well at the game, and we were so thankful that he still fit (barely!) into the Baby Bjorn so that we could carry him through the coliseum. I wasn't sure how easy it would be to contain a mobile 10-month old for several hours, but everything worked out, and the Deacs even won! We ate at the Tavern, our favorite restaurant from our college days, and stayed in a hotel overnight. Luke wasn't thrilled about sleeping in his Pack N' Play, and after several attempts to put him to bed there, we decided (against our usual parenting philosophy) to let him sleep with us so as to avoid waking all the other hotel guests with our screaming baby. With Winnie sprawled out along the entire bottom of the bed and Luke taking up most of the top half (away from all pillows, blankets, and far from the edge of course!), Mark and I were left to scrunch up in one tiny corner, with Mark clinging to the side of the bed for space. He commented today that a king-sized bed has never felt so small! Although, as I was lying awake in the middle of the night, trying not to roll over, shift positions, or even breathe too deeply for fear of disturbing my sleeping family, I realized that there was no place I'd rather be on Valentine's Day- literally surrounded on all sides by so much love!



We took an evening stroll on campus to see the pretty chapel at night!



The only picture we have of our family from the weekend.
(A nice fan took it for us, but it didn't turn out so well, even after lots of photo editing!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LUKE-
It looks like you had a great time at the game!!!!
Your Mimi is very excited to see you this weekend. She will give you an extra hug from me.
Love, Uncle Gary

Anonymous said...

The Winterhoff family surely had a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend! Is Luke a legacy at Wake? Wa always tells me how Wake does at basketball and then I try to remember to say something to LW to try to impress her but I usually forget because it is not on my radar! Congrats on a Wake win AND a super weekend! Love, Gammie and Pop Pop Davies

Anonymous said...

Surrounded by all that love in a town that started it all....a perfect Valentine's Day! When I saw Luke's "yong yegs" coming out of the Baby Bjorn it made me think the scouts must be salivating! Love, Grams