
A blog entry by Luke Winterhoff, age 14 months:

My parents took me for a walk yesterday and told me some exciting news: It is our country's birthday today!

I just couldn't wait to wake up this morning and wish America a happy birthday! Here I am watching the sunrise with the flag behind me. (However, Mommy says that not every birthday needs to start at 4:40 a.m. like today.)

My sister and I had a pool party as part of our celebration. Here I am, all decked out in my red, white, and blue swimming trunks.

I even had my first ice cream cone, as a special treat for our country's birthday. Yummy!!

All that fun wore me out, so I decided to relax on the beach.
Happy 4th of July, everyone!
7 comments:
Ashleigh was really excited about the holiday too and decided to get up a few times in the middle of the night in anticipation of the big day! We really need to teach these kids that holidays are for sleeping in!!! Hope you are having a great time at the beach!
Ha--- what is it with kids and holidays? Linc was up FOUR times last night (maybe he felt it appropriate for the FOURTH of July)... Hmpf-- Mom did not find the humor in it. Sounds like you are having a great time with the fam! Happy 4TH!!
We're SO glad to see that Luke's travelling persona didn't keep you from getting to the beach! It blows my mind a little to see all you got done by your 8:30 a.m. time...hoping that's a compilation of several days of activities! You have such cute posts....obviously "early to rise" doesn't interfere with your creativity! Love, G
I am not sure if I could have composed such a delightful blog having gotten up at 4:40 am! Luke seems to have inherited his mom's writing style-witty and adorable! Hope your time with both families these weeks is wonderful-Luke will be in 7th heaven with all the attention and cousins to play with! Love, Gammie and Pop Pop Davies
TOO cute!! He looks like he had a blast! Can't wait to see you tomorrow night to catch up and hear all about your trip!
One word: ADORABLE.
And two more words: PERFECT POST. Great pics, great writing, and we ate it up.
Love,
Cheryl
Great photos, Mark & Carrie! Love reading about Luke and his adventures :-)
Alan & Gretchen <><
Post a Comment