Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Life of a Cool Dude!



Luke's latest obsession: wearing his sunglasses. We made the mistake of calling him a "cool dude" the first time that he put them on, so now, whenever the sun gets in his eyes, Luke asks to wear his "dudes". Last week, I felt like I was a paid chauffeur/servant driving around a famous celebrity, as Luke sat in the backseat of the car wearing his shades, dictating demands:

"Snack, Mommy."
I am now able to hand the snacktrap of Cheerios back to Luke's carseat in my sleep, with a super-human twisting of my right arm to just the right spot while keeping my head, eyes, and left arm focused on driving.

"Wheels, Mommy." (indicating that I should turn on his sing-along CD, cued up to "Wheels on the Bus".) The average errand requires us to listen to this one on repeat about 17 times.




"Ambu-la-la, Mommy," (meaning we should turn in to our neighborhood hospital to see the parked ambulance in the Emergency Bay).



"Gas, Mommy."
Oh, the thrill of a gas station to a little boy- All those vehicles coming and going!



And when the novelty of the sunglasses wears off, Luke clutches his "new cars" (the 4 matchbox cars that Mimi gave him for his birthday). The cars have accompanied us on every errand for the past several weeks, and must be these exact 4 (not a combination of the many other vehicles that we also own), which posed a problem when one was temporarily "lost" in the depths of my diaper bag.



This cool dude also likes for his fans to wear fireman hats while he stomps around in his boots. My friend, Nicole, came to visit a few weeks ago, and was quite agreeable to being posed and dressed up in such attire.



And when making the celebrity rounds just gets too tough for this cool dude, what else is there to do, but lounge on the couch with a favorite beverage, pantless and adored, living a life of leisure?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark's legacy is intact! Though I DID always make him wear pants when he lounged on the couch! Love, Bean

Kristin said...

so adorable.....loved all the pictures as usual.....especially those sunglasses!!

Anonymous said...

It must be SO cool living with such a celebrity "cool dude." How adorable is he? AND ALL BOY! I remember showing EVERY emergency vehicle to Brian when he was Luke's age! Enjoy your little man! Love, Gammie and Pop Pop Davies

The Libutti Family said...

Oh my goodness is he adorable. LOVE him.

My girls bark their CD track number requests at me until I tell them, "Girls, I am not a DJ. We are listening to the CD as is."

Great post!!