Saturday, August 27, 2011

STRIKE!



We've discovered Luke's new favorite activity: Bowling! We took him for the first time when we were in Pennsylvania last month, and he absolutely LOVED it! I hadn't been bowling in years, and had foggy memories from childhood of smoke-filled, noisy bowling alleys, with primitive blow-up gutter bumpers. However, the bowling alley near Mimi's house was clean and family-friendly, with high-tech automatic bumpers, touchscreen computers, and special "slides" for young children to use, which help the ball roll quickly down the lane. And my favorite: Adorable velcro shoes for all. Luke had so much fun that he decided to bowl for me, too, which meant that I literally didn't touch the ball once during the entire 40 frames of our 2 games. I had one tired little boy afterward- all that running back and forth, lifting and carrying heavy balls resulted in a super afternoon nap! We had an absolute blast, and a bonus perk was that the entire day only cost us $1.20, after some creative couponing and joining kidsbowlfree.com. Enjoy our pictures!



First bowling lesson.



Perfect form.



Wish I could capture the squeals of joy in this moment...



Fancy footwear!



Littlest fan.



Luke placed his ball on the special bowling slide...



...and down the lane it rolled!



Our scores for Game 1. (Luke more than doubled "Mommy's" score, although he bowled for both of us!)



Having so much fun can be exhausting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun activity! Looks like Luke is a fan! Love, Gammie and Pops Davies

Anonymous said...

This looks like SO much fun...I love the picture of Luke leaping into the air and Leah grinning (thinking, I'm sure, of the day she can wear those adorable shoes!) Love, Bean