We did it! Our trip to the Grand Canyon was 5 years in the making, and as I mentioned in my previous post, we went through A LOT to get here! I am certain that the moment was even sweeter when we finally arrived because of the obstacles that we faced, and I cried as I watched L&L take their first glimpse:
Photos just don't capture the majesty of the Grand Canyon, and although I had been there once before, it was just as incredible this time. Mark, Luke, and Leah had never visited before, and it made me so happy to check off this bucket list item together!
In the spirit of keeping it real, this is the best picture that we got when I asked a woman in our tour group to take a photo of our family:
Good thing there was another tourist nearby who was willing to try again:
We chose to do a full day Pink Jeep Tour (in a passenger van) that drove us from Sedona to Grand Canyon National Park. Along the way, we drove through a snow squall in Flagstaff, and the roads were a bit treacherous. Once we were within the park, the weather was milder. Our tour guide drove us to several viewpoints along the South Rim and shared lots of interesting information about the Grand Canyon. It was the perfect way for us to explore and enjoy the day without dealing with parking and navigating the route ourselves:
We hiked from one of the scenic lookouts for a couple of miles along the South Rim to the historic El Tovar Hotel, Along the way, we stopped at Hopi House and toured this historic structure:
| Hopi House is filled with authentic Native American arts and crafts. |
Each vista provided a different perspective, and we could see all the way to Phantom Ranch and the Colorado River at the base of the canyon:
Thank you, God, for the opportunity to enjoy your beautiful creation with my favorite people!
No comments:
Post a Comment