Sunday, December 7, 2008

O Christmas Tree!



We've spent a busy few days decorating our house for Christmas,and the highlight of our weekend was finding our Christmas tree. I think we've overdone it a little this year, but I rationalize this (again!) by saying that Luke only has a First Christmas once, and we are feeling very festive this year. Here are the stats on "Goliath," our tree:

-Height: 12 feet tall

-Adornments: 1400 white lights
Hundreds of ornaments (all Mark's and mine from growing up, with
one very special addition this year)

-Water Consumption: Multiple gallons per day

-Electricity used to light our tree for the next month: 100,000 KwH
(My GE husband's exaggerated guess!)

-Family Memories created: Priceless



Luke woke up yesterday morning ready to go Christmas tree hunting!


Our Perfect Tree!


Riding home after finding our tree (with Goliath on top of the Jeep).


Our new ornament for 2008!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LUKE-
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE TREE IN PERSON! I'M SURE SANTA WILL LEAVE LOTS OF PRESENTS UNDER IT!!!!
SEE YOU SOON-
LOVE, UNCLE GARY

Anonymous said...

You have inspired us to perhaps get our own Goliath in the future here at 47 Egmont! The tree is beautiful AND Luke is SO handsome! What a spectacular Christmas you will have! Love, Gammie and Pop Pop Davies

Anonymous said...

Our little "David tree" is up now too....I would have LIKED to see pictures of the process of creating that spectacular tree......even Mark's not tall enough to do that! See you in 4 days!!!! Grams and Poppy