BREAKING NEWS:
332 days after Luke's birth (& 332 nights of midnight feedings, 3 a.m. diaper changes, and bleary-eyed mornings), my child FINALLY slept through the night!!!! Luke went to bed last night at 7:30 p.m. and didn't wake up until shortly after 5 o'clock this morning. 5:08 a.m. has never looked so good to me! If you would have told me before Luke was born that it would be 11 months before my baby would sleep through the night, I would have scoffed and thought, "Not MY child! Surely with all of the research, reading, and good parenting practices that I try to instill, my peaceful, sleep-trained infant will have this figured out a few weeks after birth!"
Oh, how humbling being a parent can be! Let's hope it's not another 332 days before we sleep through the night again!!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
If I had a nickel for every time I said to my mom BEFORE we had children that I would definitely NOT do such and such with MY child or MY child would NEVER do such and such, I would be VERY wealthy! She just smiled knowingly and kept her wise mouth shut. As I say, KIDS ARE THE GREAT LEVELERS AND KIDS'LL KILL YOU! BUT in this universe there is nothing more wonderful and fun than children. Congrats on the full night's sleep-may there be MANY more! Love, Gammie Davies
A big hooray! Ashleigh had a good sleeping night too...slept from 9:30 until 4:30! Maybe it was the moon...or the stars are in alignment or something! Let's hope the trend continues!!! Happy St. Patty's Day to you too!
It must be the luck of the Irish! At least you APPRECIATE a good night's sleep more now than you would have last May! There may be some glitches along the way, but at least you know he can do it! Love, Grams
Congrats! What a milestone... and you got there years ahead of us wih Michaela. We were MUCH smarter (and tougher) with Jenna. I am so hoping this becomes a trend with Luke... but even if it was a fluke, you got a wonderful taste of what is to come!! It only gets better!!!!
Post a Comment