
While we were in Virginia last weekend visiting our family, I drove up to Philadelphia to attend a baby shower for one of the BBs (my college friends). I had a great time with my girls, and was gone for about 24 hours (by far the longest amount of time that I have been separated from Luke). I was slightly nervous about how I would feel being away from Luke, but knew that he was in the loving hands of Daddy, Poppy, and Grams. Of course I left millions of post-it-notes with copious details regarding bottles, food, schedule, etc. and carefully laid out Luke's clothing for the day I was gone. Here is how Daddy dressed him:

Do you notice anything missing from this picture? Mark's defense was that it was a hot day so pants were not neccesary. Also, Poppy and Mark joked that they were going to give Luke his first haircut while I was gone. Here they are posing for a picture to tease me. Luckily, Grams did not let them get away with such mischief!

My mid-Atlantic driving tour went very well, and I certainly enjoyed having a day to myself, but the very best part of the weekend was the big smile and hug that I received from my baby upon my return to Virginia, and the feeling that I was complete once again!
2 comments:
Can't IMAGINE a haircut given by THAT duo! Good thing Grams was there to restore sanity! Glad you had a good time but I know EXACTLY what you mean about coming home-I used to go once a year to my friend Cherie's in PA for a short weekend and while I had such a great time there, I was ALWAYS so glad to return to my family! Love, Gammie Davies
Actually, to be fair, Mark DID dress him before he undressed him! And Luke was significantly happier without pants than with him (we still have to track down the genes responsible for THAT trait!)
Post a Comment