Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Daddy's Shoes



I love to wear my Daddy's shoes
though my feet are small,
when they are in my Daddy's shoes
I feel 10 feet tall (*or in our case, at least 6',5").

Some day I'll grow to fill them,
I only hope to be,
as fine a man and great a Dad
as my Daddy is to Me!



(I saw this poem on the internet and searched in vain for the poet/author to give proper credit, but couldn't find anything!)

*adapted specifically for Luke/Mark Winterhoff, 2009


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Luke,
We love to read your Mommy's blog
They make you seem real near
No matter what the topic is
You always are so dear!

The shoes you have to fill ARE big
Your Dad is quite a man!
But with his help, and Mommy's too,
You'll get there....yes, you can!
Love, Grams

Kristin said...

I just love this baby!! What a cutie!!
Love, Kristin:)

The Davies Family said...

Awesome post as always. Carrie, you are as cute as your adorable son!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the beach pics from Rehoboth (SP?)! Luke will think this is the way life ALWAYS is-wouldn't that be wonderful? Loved the pics of Luke in his dad's shoes! He is so darn handsome-I would be devising stategies NOW for the onslaught of girls when he gets older! Love, Gammie Davies