
An otherwise peaceful Friday morning was disrupted today by an enormous backhoe and work crew digging up our front yard. We have been dealing with construction next to us for months as a new phase of our neighborhood begins, and Luke loves looking out the window at the "Vroom Vrooms" (construction vehicles). What a treat for a little boy, to have all of these huge, loud pieces of machinery right next door! Mommy is not as thrilled, as countless naps have been cut short by noise, we are awakened most mornings by the sound of bulldozer engines revving, and there is red dust everywhere, stirred up by dump trucks blazing through our good ole' South Carolina clay. However, today was an exceptionally interesting day, as the only connecting gas line to the new home lots happened to be in our yard, and apparently took 5 men with a backhoe & jackhammer about 8 hours to locate. If only I had an audio clip to share with you, of the unbelievable noise disruption in quiet suburbia, as our house literally reverberated from the vibrations. Luke and Winnie were enthralled and spent lots of time at the front door, checking out all the excitement. Tonight, I am extremely thankful that the men are gone, our yard has been re-sodded, and blissful peace restored. I'll chalk it up to another adventure to be tallied to our experience as homeowners- one that I hope is not repeated for a long, long, time!
2 comments:
Loving construction vehicles is just inborn in little boys (and apparently girl dogs!)....what fun that the front door windows are low enough for a good look! Alexis loves "yellow trucks" too! Love, Grams
I can totally relate-we have lived in two new neighborhoods now and both times the dust and dirt were really nasty for years. Also, when Brian was young, I would point out all the large vehicles like firetrucks, backhoes, etc because he LOVED to see them. At one point he was about 8 or so and I finally realized that he was a BIT too old for me to be pointing out such vehicles but he was too polite to say so. I guess I wanted to keep him young. ANOTHER lesson in motherhood-there were so many for me. I KNOW you are enjoying every minute, Carrie, as did I. AND THEN God sometimes rewards us with grandchildren, too! YIPPEE!!! Love, Gammie Davies
Post a Comment