
Happy St. Patrick's Day from our 2 little leprechauns! Leah had the cutest outfit this year: a 3-piece ensemble from Carter's that included shamrock leggings, socks, and an emerald green tunic top. And unfortunately, the only acceptable picture I took of her wearing it was this mediocre one in her the stroller at the Leprechaun O'Gala yesterday (party at our parks and rec department):

But she was adorable nonetheless, and it was worth every penny to dress my baby in such festive attire.
I tried to dress Luke in his green St. Patrick's Day shamrock shirt from last year, but apparently size 4's are way too tight for my 3 year-old this spring, and it looked like a muscle tee, so we went for the "preppy leprechaun look" with a plain green Polo shirt and plaid shorts instead (it's been hovering around 80 degrees for the past several days!). He did accommodate me by dancing a little Irish jig on the couch:

Luke had a St. Patrick's Day celebration at preschool yesterday, and was really excited about the holiday this year. I was in charge of snack for the day, and had originally planned to take in honeydew slices in the shape of shamrocks (thanks to my St. Patty's Day-themed cookie cutter) and even found cupcake wrappers and toppers with shamrock decorations for the zucchini muffins that I envisioned. However, the teacher requested a snack which included Lucky Charms, green-koolaid, and instant pudding. These are 3 food items that Luke has never seen/eaten before, and he told me, "Mommy, I didn't like our snack today!" I have to say that the health freak in me was a secretly pleased!
We had a hugely productive day today, where Mark finished all of the mulching and initial heavy spring yardwork. I made lots of headway planning/organizing Luke's birthday party, although I am in denial that he will be turning 4 next month. We also bought a new mattress for Luke's bedroom, to replace the 20+ year old hand-me down that we have been using since he transitioned to a big boy bed. Mark and I set a firm budget before we walked into the store, promised to keep each other in check if we went even a dollar over, and then promptly spent exactly twice what we had planned. But the pillow-top was sooo luxurious, and there have been nights that Mommy or Daddy have fallen asleep in Luke's bed and could barely stand after waking up due to stiffness and a sore back. So, we're miles from drinking green beer on the streets of Dublin, but enjoyed a nice family day today full of projects and spending time with our lucky charms!
3 comments:
A couple of very cute lucky "charms". Can't wait to you all.
Love, Grandpa
The "lucky" ones are those of us who have these sweet children in our lives! Love, Bean
Kids just love holidays and moms love dressing our kids for them! Love, Gammie D
Post a Comment